TUBE MILL ENTRY LEVEL OPERATOR - 1st Shift
Starting Wage Range = $20.90 up to $23.15
Cleveland-Cliffs Tubular Components has an immediate opportunity for a Tube Mill Entry Level Operator at our Columbus, Indiana Tubular Components location. This position is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and operating the off loader section of the tube mill on 1st shift. This role is responsible for ensuring the tubing is off loaded into the appropriate rack or cart per the customer requirements. Promotional opportunities are available for experienced operators. This role interacts with the the mill crew, maintenance, and engineering related to the effective operations of the site.
- Offload and hand stack steel tubing manually into appropriate carts or racks.
- Monitor auto off loaders to ensure tubes are off loading correctly into carts and racks.
- Repacking and banding – repack tubing into bundles, pack, and / or band bundles according to customer requirements
- Visually inspect tubing for quality defects.
- Ability to use measuring devices to measure tubing.
- Technical skill set to perform changeovers and set up.
- Ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and productivity are being met.
- Follow work instructions to produce tubing per customer specifications.
- Provide training and support to employees newly assigned to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior automotive manufacturing experienced preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to support customer requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend safety and position procedures
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Positive, high energy, and self-motivated
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent safety record
- Pre-Employment hair drug screen required
- Competitive Pay: Starting Wage for 1st Shift = $20.90 up to $23.15
- Peer to Peer Training Incentive
- Company provide 401K with company matching.
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision plans available.
- Company Provided Life and AD&D Insurance
- Operational Performance Incentive Plan - Quarterly Incentive Opportunities
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Cleveland-Cliffs Tubular Components is a leading manufacturer of carbon and stainless steel tubing products for the automotive industry. Located in Columbus, Indiana Cleveland-Cliffs is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of highly-skilled, dedicated, and motivated employees. Our employees are our best asset. Cleveland-Cliffs offers a safe work environment and great compensation packages. All positions will be tasked with performing a number of various duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.